Deuter Aircontact 40 + 10 SL steel-midnight
It has gained the titles of "indestructible" and "custom-made." That's how it will stay, although the popular trekking backpack is now up to 15% lighter. The new, ergonomically shaped hip fins flow into the back construction and literally embrace the body. This allows even heavier loads to be carried easily and close to the body's centre of gravity. In addition, nature loving hikers and trekkers can store everything they need, from their tent to provisions. On top of that the Aircontact, which is also a great travel backpack, lets you use its lid as a separate, detachable small backpack.
- Colour: petrol-navy (turquoise-blue)
- Article ID: 3320019-3385
- Weight: 2170 g
- Volume: 40 + 10 litres
- Size: 76 / 28 / 20 (H x W x D) cm
- DESIGNED FOR LIGHTENING HEAVY LOADS perfect load transfer to the hip belt due to the adjustable and flexible multi-chamber aluminium X-frame. Offering the perfect fit, it sits close to the back and keeps the load incredibly stable and well-controlled close to the body’s centre of gravity.
- EXCELLENT VENTILATION due to open cell foam technology. With every movement air circulates through the cushions keeping the back ventilated. The result*: 15% less perspiration than with other body-contour packs.
- THE PERFECT FIT of the carrying system for different back lengths is guaranteed by the multi-stage Vari Quick adjustment system.
- PIVOTING VARIFLEX HIPBELT REDUCES FATIGUE and with its ergonomic 3D design, shaped by sewing craftsmanship, the load gets evenly distributed without any pressure points.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT pivoting Active Fit shoulder harness adapts individually to the wearer.
- External Pockets (2):
- SL Women's Fit: On average, women's backs are not quite as long as men's. The SL carry system is thus slightly shorter than that of Deuter's standard rucksacks.
- Aircontact System: The easiest way to carry heavy loads is when backpack and wearer become one. This is what our Aircontact principle is all about: the body contact system brings the weight close to the body and therefore close to the center of gravity. This results in full pack control and an effective load transfer. Furthermore, our Aircontact cushions made from special hollow chamber foam guarantee fantastic ventilation due to the pump effect of every movement.
- Active Comfort Fit:
- Vari Quick System: For easy adjustment to any back length.
- Spring Steel Frame: The round spring steel frame is very lightweight and flexible. It is extremely durable, provides stable tension for the back mesh and transfers the load to the hip belt. Its flexibility guarantees great freedom of movement and a perfect fit.
- Adjustable Lid: a height adjustable lid provides additional space
- Bottom Compartment: With removable separator for ideal gear access and load placement.
- Front Opening: A zipped opening on the front of the pack provides easy access to lower packed items.
- Padded Hip Belt: An additional padding on the hip belt provides more carrying comfort.
- Vari Flex System: Deuter's Vari Flex System, leaving the generous hip fins fully mobile. The Vari Flex hip fins follow even the most complex movements allowing tricky sections to be negotiated without losing yor balance - especially important when carrying a hefty load.
- Sternum Strap: The sternum strap stabilizes the pack on the shoulders.
- Rain Cover: removable rain cover with special pocket
- Stretch Compartment: stretch compartment on the inside of the back to stowe sweaty/wet clothes
- SOS-Label: provides the most important tips in case of emergency
- Hydration System 3.0 L Compatible: compatible with Streamer 2.0 l & Streamer 3.0 l
- Hiking Pole Attachment: Attachment loops for hiking poles
- Detachable Lid:
- Lid pocket: This pocket integrated into the lid guarantees quick access to your gear.
- Load Adjustment Straps: to individually adapt the pack’s centre of gravity
- Pull-Forward Hip Fin: allows an easy and precise adjustment
More product features:
- 100D PA High Tenacity: The lightweight version of our Nylon Pocket Rip. The thin yarn is extremely lightweight. Yet the tight weave makes it extremely abrasion and tear resistant.